About your new kitchen / furniture
We paint characterful, unique kitchens and furniture. If you are looking for us to create a manufactured, factory painted look, we are not the company for you. We hand paint with tried and tested techniques to replicate and achieve unique furniture and kitchens with plenty of character and charm. The paints we use lend themselves to these qualities and we have many years of experience which has ensured we provide our customers with a quality characterful finish we hope will exceed all your expectations.
We are a creative team and each job we undertake is different. The natural shape of the kitchen / furniture and the surrounding elements and environment all play a role in how we approach the project. We use our artistic discretion to maximise and utilise all of the above to ensure we give the best look and finish possible. We are skilled in many styles and techniques, some of these processes may require us to work inconsistently to ensure we get the best finish possible. This will include unconventional painting styles such as multidirectional brush strokes, layering of paint to create depth and character as well as contouring and styling with slight to moderate distressing should the project call for this. We will discuss the styling with you in advance and further detail in our “Process” which will be placed in your kitchen the day we commence work.
- 50% deposit required on acceptance of quote
- Balance of payment required within 3 days of completion of work
- Should you fail to pay within the specified time period, 5% of the total outstanding balance will be added to the final invoice every 5 working days.
- Failure to abide to these payment terms, we will have no option but to hand over any outstanding payments to a debt collection agency, whereby, you will be fully liable for all legal and associate costs.
- By making payment on invoice, you accept these Terms & Condition unless you have alternative signed Terms & Conditions for your respective job.
- Colours agreed upon during consultation are specified in the quote above and will be reflected on invoice / quote.
- You may be required upon our discretion to sign next to colour swatches for final colour approval.
- Upon payment of deposit, colour specified in quote is ordered and final.
- Should you request a colour change, 5 working days notice is required. Should the notice be less than 5 working days, 50% of the standard Annie Sloan retail price of the chosen paint will be charged in addition to the new chosen paint. We will do our utmost to waiver this cost, should we have another client who has an order in place for your original colour request.
- As specified in the quote above, the process from start to finish can take anything from 1 – 7 working days.
- During painting process, we undertake to paint all external cabinetry and surrounds. We do not paint the internal space i.e. reverse of doors, inside draws or cabinets and shelves. However, if these are exposed or they make up the internal of a glass cabinet or glass front of door we will paint accordingly to our artistic discretion to ensure we make best use of colour and technique.
- On arrival at site we will provide you with a document detailing our “Process” and “After Care”. Please take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with the “Process”. I am available to address any of your concerns personally on 076 761 1464 should you have further questions.
- Whilst we do our utmost to rejuvenate your space, please be advised that we are refurbishing a used kitchen that may be a few years old. Imperfections such as cracked doors, doors that don’t close properly or hinges that have fallen out of joint, due to cabinetry failure are beyond our control. However, we will always do our utmost to fill cracks, service hinges and repair cabinetry to rejuvenate your kitchen to the best of our ability.
- The same principle applies when we refurbish furniture.
- Whilst it is not necessary to unpack your cupboards, please remove all items from open /exposed shelves where we will be painting as we do not take responsibility for damages / breakages for items that we need to move.
- Prior to our arrival, kindly prepare the cabinets for painting by washing them down gently with a sugar soap solution and ensure all residue has been removed.
- Sugar Soap is available from leading supermarkets and hardware stores.
- Should we be required to prepare the cabinets on our arrival, an additional charge of R100 per panel will be added onto the final invoice and additional time will be added to the “Process”.
Out of quote charges
- Please ensure you follow the “Process” instructions carefully. Should we be required to attend to any issues post the final handover and snagging, due to negligence on your or a third parties part, our hourly call out rate is R495.00.
- Kindly refer to the “Process” for you kitchen / furniture aftercare to ensure maximum longevity.
- Quote is valid for 30 days.